Microair Avionics has for over 25 years been a leading manufacturer of radios and transponders for sports, general and unmanned aviation. Its sister company, Intelligent Transport Systems, designs and manufactures specialist environmental monitoring equipment used extensively across Queensland for road river crossing flood monitoring.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a graduate engineer based at our Pinkenba facility. Working with and mentored by our small team of experienced senior engineers the role is focussed on design validation testing, production automation and production support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a positive attitude with an inquisitive mind that likes to solve problems and find innovative solutions
- studied RF, digital and analog electronics in their engineering degree
- a solid understanding of C and Python and experience working in a collaborative software development environment
- demonstrated that they are capable of being a reliable, hard working employee.
Experience with Altium, GitHub, Confluence, Jira, STM32-Cube and Visual Studio Code is an advantage.
If the idea candidate requires work experience in order to complete their degree then a partially paid internship can precede full time employment.
A day in the life of our engineers varies but will include:
- requirements analysis and design planning
- schematic design of digital, analog and RF systems
- PCB layout
- firmware creation in C
- test software creation in C and Python
- validation testing of designs, documenting
- design rework
- transition to production
- production automation
- production support
- obsolescence management
If you are interested in the role please provide the following in a single PDF document:
- a cover letter describing why you are interested in this role and why we should
- consider you
- a 1-2 page CV detailing your work and education experience and life interests
- a small sample of your engineering project work – this is to judge your critical thinking processes and approach to engineering problems
If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview where you will also be asked to give a short presentation of your final year or post graduate university project.
The successful candidate will be asked to provide references.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
*This Position is now filled.